Press Releases and Newsletters
City of Thibodaux COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
|Post Date||Updated At|
|Monday, Mar. 23rd at 10:25 AM||Monday, Mar. 23rd at 12:20 PM|
The City of Thibodaux has made changes to city services based on Governor John Bel Edwards’ most recent executive order (JBE-2020-33). In the order, the Governor referenced U.S. Department of Homeland Security- Cyber Security & Infrastructure Agency (CISA) definition of what essential means with respect to agencies and businesses. Both of those documents are on the City of Thibodaux-Emergency Preparedness website. The City of Thibodaux is using four basic questions to determine how it provides services:
- What is essential for City Departments?
- Who (City Employees) is essential to carry out the essential tasks?
- Can the City utilize a rotating employee work schedule to accomplish essential tasks?
- What are the measures the City Departments can use to minimize contact between people in completing the essential tasks?
Here are the current restrictive measures and additional measures (in red) to the City of Thibodaux services based on Governor Edwards’ executive orders:
- The City of Thibodaux offices will continue to not be accessible to the general public effective immediately and until further notice.
- ALL playgrounds and courts will be closed to the public until further notice.
- The City of Thibodaux’s Summer Recreation Registrations will be closed until further notice.
- The Collection’s drive-thru located at City Hall will be closed until further notice. Payments can still be submitted online (https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/thibodauxla), dropped off at the dropbox locations, mailed, or by utilizing other options, such as automatic bill pay.
- To view the CISA guide for the updated list of business closures, please click the following link: https://www.ci.thibodaux.la.us/forms/departments/marketing/linked_files/CISA-Guidance-on-Essential-Critical-Infrastructure-Workers-1-20-508c.pdf.