Detective Laura Guise, Public Integrity Officer
1309 Canal Boulevard
Thibodaux, La. 70301
Phone # (985)446-5021
“Safety Tipsfor Mardi Gras”
Yes, it is that time of year again,where spectators line the streets of the City Of Thibodaux. Some come out to just watchwhile others fully participate. We, the Thibodaux Police Department andthe City Of Thibodaux are striving for an accident freeMardi Gras.
Keep in mind that with your help andcooperation Mardi Gras can be safe for allspectators. Below, are a few Do’s andDon’ts to remember.
· No glass containers allowed on the parade routes.
· No animals allowed on the parade routes.
· No bicycles allowed on the parade routes.
· No vulgar music is allowed on the parade routes.
· Public urination is against the law.
· Do not climb on posted barricades
· Do not remove or shift any road barricades.
· Do not block roadways with vehicles.
· Placing your name and a contact number inside of your child’spocket is a good practice in case of separation and contact the police.
· Parade days are usually long, therefore water, drinks are a mustto keep hydrated.
· Protection from the sun, as the sun is usually stronger thancontemplated.
· And, we ask that everyone dispose of any trash that may havebeen accumulated during the parades in an appropriate manner before leaving.
Detective Laura Guise